Tuesday, January 24, 2012

NEW SPIN ON A DIAPER CAKE



I have a friend that is going to be a grandma for the first time and is hosting her daughter's shower soon. I wanted to share a new spin on a diaper cake. I made diaper cake panels for a friend's shower last year and I loved how it turned out. By putting button holes in the panels, the best thing of all is that you can use them as a wall hanging in the baby's room after the shower. I made a fireman themed diaper cake because my friend's significant other is a fireman. I used a dark rose-red color in an effort to girl it up since she was expecting a girl. See what you think? I can imagine so many different themes that would just be adorable. Can't wait to see how the next one turns out!!!! I added wash cloths, bibs and a little dolly on top. I think you could also add lotion, baby bath, rattles, just about anything that could easily be rolled up and placed around the "cake" LOL! Diaper cake panel designs are from Planet Applique.


I usually prefer to make girl things just because it is so much fun, but today I have been working on some Valentine's Day shirts for my grandsons and I am loving it!!!! I found so many cute designs this year that I have really enjoyed embroidering shirts for them too. I can't wait to take pictures to post!!! Hopefully tomorrow I will get to that!!! Taking pictures is definitely not my strong suit but I keep trying. But for now I want to post a dress I embroidered for Annabella last year and it was too big :(   Thank goodness it fits her to a "T" this year. She is all about bubble gum right now so I love the theme of this little dress. See what you think! Bubble gum dress designs are from Linnie Pinnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment