Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm still in Valentine's Day mode, anyone else?

Hi all, I am still working on Valentine's Day items, I have a couple more customer orders to complete and have made several shirts for the grands to wear to school and just for fun!!!! I really need to start thinking about the next holiday coming up, but this has been so much fun and the designs are so cute, it's hard to change gears and start thinking about spring. I did get my granddaughter, Annabella, a shirt made that can be used for spring. The design is from Planet Applique and it is an adorable design. I can envision using it on a baby blanket, burps and bibs. Also want to make something for my little yorkie Izzy Bee, maybe another jacket since it has the cutest little bee on it :)




I also completed a few more shirts for boys... I wasn't sure if I could come up with something for them since they are getting older now, but I think they turned out pretty good and are age appropriate for them.... it's hard as they are getting older, for girls there are always designs to do, more than I have time, but for the grandsons its harder....


There are a couple of more I completed and wanted to share, the first is a dress with hanging hearts on it and the second is a be mine shirt. Both designs are from Hang to Dry. I am in love with all of their designs, and they stitch out beautifully. What do you think...
I have to get started on clothes for our Disney trip in May. I can't wait to make those, there are so many cute designs and I love Mickey and Minnie Mouse, I ordered a vintage pattern to make a cute little jumper with a purse for Bella.
Received 2 boxes of fabric and goodies from my sweet sister in law this week. She also has the love of sewing and embroidery, I just wished she didn't live 6 hours away. She could be such a great mentor to me. I am hoping to go to a seminar in April in Kentucky where she lives, it will be wonderful to talk sewing and embroidery for a few days non-stop!!!!! She has more fabric than anyone I have ever known and I am in awe of her talent!!!! Thanks Dreama for all of the goodies and inspiration!!!!
Hope to get lots of things completed this weekend!!!!! If all goes right, I hope to be in my studio nonstop, at least that is my plan.  Hope life cooperates.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment