Monday, April 9, 2012

Bunny Dress and Coat for Annabella

I decided I would make my granddaughter, Annabella a bunny dress and coat from a pattern my mom gave me. She gave me several she had from when my sisters and I were small. I chose this one to make her dress and coat from.
I haven't sewn alot from vintage patterns but let me tell you, I really love how it looks. I am definitely hooked!!!! I will be sewing alot from vintage patterns from now on!!! The downside is that there are very few instructions in comparison with today's patterns. I did find it difficult to follow but loved the end result. The instructions was only one  page for both the coat and dress!!! I think you will need to have a little bit of experience in sewing before tackling a vintage pattern. Here is the page of instructions and pictures of the step by step progress of dress and coat. Hope you enjoy!!!


I chose this fabric from Lily and Will Bunny Hill from Moda. I was so happy to find this fabric on Etsy. I had been on back order in the pink color way but I found it and ordered it immediately, I thought it was perfect for a dress for my 3 yr old granddaughter and I chose a Ecru linen for the bunny coat.



Here is the end result of the dress and coat. I am in love with this pattern. My granddaughter loved her bunny dress and coat too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment